Business Development Director
Cara Health is an international, forward-thinking start-up healthcare IT company. Cara Health is developing the next generation of predictive analytics software for the healthcare sector using linguistic analysis and machine learning on outbound calls. Our solution is uniquely positioned to support frailer, sicker, older or multi-morbid socially excluded patients who account for the majority of health costs. Avoidable admissions and readmissions to hospital drive these costs. Our pilots to date have reduced acute ambulatory care sensitive admissions by 50% across 3 sites in Ireland, and we are now embarked on pilot deployments in the US. Headquartered in the www.1871.com center in Chicago and Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, Cara Health was a Healthbox accelerator company, and a finalist in both IBM SmartCamp and the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) Connected Care Challenge.
The Cara artificial intelligence platform analyzes phone calls between patients and non-clinical care guides, community health workers or case management extender call operatives. The AI engine uses a textual summary of the call recorded by the operative with additional voice analysis in the pipeline. The system detects pre-acute trends from the conversation and facilitates timely care coordination for the patient. Our front-end workflow software supports care guides supervised by clinical case managers to perform routine phone monitoring of complex chronically ill patients. Health systems save significant salary costs and high value clinical case managers can cover up to x4 more patients with their caseload made up almost exclusively of patients with high acuity levels. Traditional managed care organizations are shifting from disease management to newer integrated patient centered care models. These organizations utilize large call centers providing a channel for Cara Health to cover hundreds of thousands of patients.
Our initial customer segments are healthcare providers within:
- Hospitals and health systems subject to Medicare fines (Oct 2012) for high readmission rates.
- Healthcare providers forming Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Homes and Home Healthcare organizations.
- The dual eligible Medicare/Medicaid population who account for a $300 billion spend annually, 60% or 5.5 million are elderly chronically ill patients.
- Medicare Advantage plans covering 11.3 million patients.
- Integrated health systems such as Geisinger, Advocate, Kaiser Permanente and Veterans Affairs.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to develop our business and lead sales initiatives that accelerate Cara Health’s US growth. Cara Health is currently working in Ireland and is focused on gaining a significant share of the US market. We are also planning to expand into the UK, Canadian and Australian markets. The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying and managing new opportunities for Cara Health’s product and customized solutions in these countries.
The Business Development Director will assume responsibility for business development activities from lead generation to final close of sale and will collaborate with Cara Health’s experts and delivery team to ensure that superior value is created.
This high-impact role affords entrepreneurial individuals the opportunity to work with an exciting start-up, in order to grow our presence in the US and abroad. Key roles would include partnering with health care executives in a consultative selling relationship to address today’s challenges and to translate leading-edge practices into actionable strategies and tactics.
Ideal candidates would possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant new business development and account management experience within the US health care industry. A degree or advanced degree qualification preferably in business, health care management, clinical medicine, biological/biomedical sciences, pharmacy
- A business development track record marketing in the US and/or international markets
- A network of established relationships with senior leadership within US healthcare organisations (Private Plans, Medicare and Medicaid, large integrated health care organizations)
- A deep understanding of the US care delivery and financing models
- The ability to leverage your knowledge of the industry and clients to close new business opportunities by producing winning proposals and solutions that are aligned to Cara Health’s strategic vision
- Strong facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills as demonstrated by the ability to synthesize research, identify and fulfill value propositions and achieve actionable results
- Previous experience in meeting aggressive revenue and profitability targets
- Effective marketing and communication skills
- Well-developed project, people management and client relationship skills
- Previous experience managing a team and a dedication to teamwork
- Willingness to travel
- An uncompromising commitment to quality and a passion for health care
- This role is based in Chicago so US citizenship or valid work permit is required
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to kevin.smith@Cara Health.com. Reference “Business Development Director” in the subject line.