Our mission at Genelex is “science that benefits humanity” and we have entered into an exciting chapter in the history of our DNA testing company. Genelex, with headquarters in Seattle, has experienced a surge in growth and we have created a new position, Director of Marketing and Communications, to help position us for future growth and success.
If hired, you will be responsible for developing a strategic marketing and communications plan tied to our business goals and objectives–a plan that is both executable and measurable. Working closely with the company’s executive team, you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. You will oversee developing and implementing support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. You will direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and will coordinate at the strategic and tactical marketing and communications efforts with the other Genelex team members.
We are seeking a proven professional with the following qualifications:
· Proven skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
· Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
· Demonstrated success in persuasive writing for vehicles such as news releases, multi-media presentations, social media
· Proven success in targeting key media, developing strong and respectful relationships and leveraging those into strategic opportunities for the company
· Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
· Computer literacy in word processing, database management, web publishing and page layout
· Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
· Membership in a related professional organization, such as PRSA, IABC, the American Marketing Association or similar groups is desirable. Accreditation in any of these organizations is a plus..
The following is required:
· Minimum of 8 years experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations with demonstrated success in the healthcare sector.
· Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations is preferred. A graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
Marketing, communications and public relations
Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
1. A comprehensive marketing/communications program that will build and enhance the Genelex’s image and position within key target audiences
2. All Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, newsletters and media relations efforts , Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
3. Design and implement a strategic, proactive and measurable media relations program. Implement a program for brand-consistent print and electronic materials, such as website, brochures and marketing materials, letterhead, etc.
4. Ensure that Genelex regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
5. Leads projects as assigned, such as targeted marketing and special events.
1. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, healthcare, and pharmacogenetics and use this information to help Genelex operate with initiative and innovation.
Work with senior staff, other staff to:
1. Develop and maintain a strategic perspective — based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction — in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and,
2. Help make sure that the Genelex’s philosophy, mission and vision are reflected in marketing and communications activities and materials. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Genelex’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and Genelex’s relevance.
1. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality marketing and communications team members
2. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified marketing and communications team members
Genelex is a DNA testing lab with 25 years of genetic testing experience. We offer unique DNA testing with the best interpretation tools in the industry including patented software and pharmacist support to aide clinicians in managing improved outcomes and mitigate adverse drug reactions for their most challenging patients. Our tests are covered by Medicare and many private-pay insurers.
Genelex offers an entrepreneurial work environment, with a diverse group of highly talented professionals. We value and reward excellence, contribution, and creativity in our efforts to achieve our mission: providing science that benefits humanity. We focus on outstanding customer service as well as quality, accredited laboratory systems. We strive to seek the best in people and implement innovative, effective strategies. We maintain ethical behavior and scientific integrity.
Genelex is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an excellent compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, a stock option plan and a relaxed environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
Check us out at: www.genelex.com
To be considered for this job please send Cover Letter, Resume and Work Sample attention to Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.