What are Aging2.0 Chapters?
Chapters are an extension of the Aging2.0 HQ team. Innovation is happening all around the world, and we rely on Ambassadors to report back from the front lines of innovation so that our community is as strong as possible. We started as a grassroots organization, hosting coffee for 15 people in New York City, and we’ve never lost touch with our roots. Chapters are the core of Aging2.0 and our mission.
Aging2.0 Chapter Goals
- Build local community / ecosystems of innovation – bring together innovators in the aging and senior care space, break down industry silos and educate / encourage others to work in the aging innovation industry. This goal is mainly achieved by consistent, enriching, in-person events.
- Strengthen Aging2.0 worldwide – find the hottest startups from around the world, identify the most innovative providers and industry organizations, and recruit more people to join the Aging2.0 network. Our various programs and revenue-sharing model help achieve this goal.
- Share innovation best practices and insights – collect data and insights from Chapter members and events, identify trends and openly share knowledge with the greater A2 community. Ambassadors have the opportunity to contribute content for our blog and online community platform, and can participate in forums and workshops.
- Startup mentality. We're approaching the creation of a global Chapters organization as a startup - a nimble, iterative process in search of a sustainable business model. As such we'll be iterating our approach based on what works and feedback from you and the people you meet.
- Creating ecosystems. We're developing rich ecosystems in each Chapter - including startups, industry, investors, older adults, academics, non-profits, government, press and others.
- Collaborate with existing players. Further on the collaboration theme, we're not looking to reinvent the wheel, but want to plug in to local events and organizations already working in the space.
- Regular communication. Monthly Chapter Team calls for the Chapter Community are hosted every 3rd Thursday of the month at 9am PT and 4:30pm PT (2 options).
- Peer groups. Being involved with Chapters can be quite rewarding, allowing those involved to develop new networks within their region, as well as collaborate with peer groups globally.
- Sustainable business. Our goal is that Ambassadors and their team are compensated for their efforts, which can be accomplished through Chapter event fees and sponsorships.
- Brand Differentiation. We use the 'Aging2.0 Chapter' brand for individual Chapters (e.g. Aging2.0 London Chapter) to differentiate between HQ activities and Chapters.
- Bottom up and top-down. We supply a numbers of resources, processes, and content but invite our local Chapters to raise issues about which they care the most, and may be localized.