- Network Sponsorships
- Grand Challenges
- Thought Leadership
- Log in
Sustaining Physical Activity is highlighted as one of the seven key themes for Healthy Ageing by the Centre for Better Ageing. To meet this goal it is imperative that physical activity is properly understood and the narrative reset to be more than just sport and exercise. Every move we make has value to our health and finding the opportunity to move in ~112 hours of a waking week makes it is accessible to everyone, without barriers to age, mobility or environment, which has been crucial in adapting to the restrictions placed on us by COVID-19.
Next Wednesday 10 June at 2pm, we'll highlight how we can re-establish physical activity at the foundation of health and wellbeing for everyone and move people to maintaining their independence and living their best lives.
• Moving technology from remote monitoring and surveillance to personalisation, empowerment and self-endorsed lifestyle change
• Meeting the appetite for personal responsibility and enabling people to keep healthy and active without the need to visit clinics or gyms (before, during and after COVID-19)
• Why “steps” don’t matter for your health and what does
• What has COVID-19 taught us about how we need to approach physical activity
• The real impacts of physical inactivity for health and wellbeing
Tommy Parker – CEO of KiActiv®
Professor Dylan Thompson - Professor of Human Physiology in the Department for Health at the University of Bath
Disclaimers: By registering for, or attending, this event, you are agreeing to the following: Photographs may be taken at the event and appear on social media. You are authorizing Aging2.0 to use your image, likeness and / or name on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, the Aging2.0 blog or other marketing materials in connection with the event. The organizers of this event, Aging2.0, and any of their employees, volunteers, members and representatives are not responsible for any injury, loss or damage of any kind sustained by any person while participating in this event.