The Global Innovation Search provides an opportunity for innovators around the world to showcase their product or service and compete for international exposure. Aging2.0 & The Louisville Healthcare CEO Council (LHCC) are searching for innovations that help keep older adults connected to their communities, families, healthcare providers and vital information. The global COVID-19 pandemic is hitting the older adult population the hardest, not only from a risk and mortality perspective, but also in the way it is exacerbating isolation and loneliness due to social distancing.
Over the past few weeks our Chapter Ambassadors from across the globe have reviewed all Global Innovation Search submissions and selected which innovations will advance in the competition.
Now it's time to select ten finalists to move on to the Virtual Pitch Competition and we need your help! View the complete list of semifinalists below or at www.aging2.com/gis/vote, then vote for your favorite innovations once a day from July 6 to July 31. The ten innovators with the most public votes will then move on to the final round of competition: a virtual pitch competition judged by a panel of leaders from LHCC and Aging2.0.
Semifinalists Advancing to Voting Round
Global Innovation Search Timeline
- The innovation should address social isolation and loneliness in older adults
- Innovators must have a commercial-ready or commercially available product/service
- The company's Founder or C-level executive (or equivalent) must be the person to present if selected to advance to the Virtual Pitch Competition
- The top ten innovators that are selected to pitch at the Virtual Pitch Competition will be required to present in English
- The Global Innovation Search is not only open to startups. Established companies and non-profits are welcome to apply if they have recently (within the last 3 years) launched an innovative solution to improve the lives of older adults
Semi-Finalists (the innovators that are nominated by Chapter Ambassadors) will:
- Be featured on the Aging2.0 website, social media and CoverAGE newsletter during the public voting round
Finalists (based on online public voting) will:
- Receive Bronze Aging2.0 Network Sponsorship ($5K value)
- Receive Aging2.0 mentorship and pitch training
- Compete in a virtual pitch event (P4P) judged by a panel of leaders from LHCC and Aging2.0. The overall event winner will continue on to pitch at the LHCC CareTech2.0 Pitch event in September
- Identify and learn about new innovations focused on mitigating social isolation and loneliness among older adults
- Educate the community about Aging2.0 and innovations related to aging
- Expand and deepen the global community
Nomination and Judging Criteria
- Idea / Product - quality of overall concept, viability of product or service
- Implementation - how innovators are taking their idea to market, including diversity and strength of team, sales record, funding, pipeline, strategic plan
- Impact on the Aging Experience - potential to improve quality of life for older adults, caregivers, and/or revolutionize the aging services industry
- Integration - how well the innovation integrates into the lives of older adults and/or professional setting. In particular, working well with other products and services