ABOUT THE GLOBAL STARTUP SEARCH
The Aging2.0 Global Startup Search is an annual program designed to searching the world for the best aging-focused startups. The competition kicks off with a series of pitch events in Chapter cities around the world - hundreds of startups apply to compete and local teams carefully select participants and judges for each event. The winning startup from each local pitch event moves forward to an online voting round, where the general public and panel of expert judges evaluate and contribute to the selection of finalists. The finale pitch event will take place during the Aging2.0 OPTIMIZE Conference in San Francisco November 14-15, 2017. This program is supported by Google for Entrepreneurs.
What are the Goals?
- Identify and learn about new startups focused on seniors around the world
- Educate the community about Aging2.0 and innovations related to aging
- Continue to expand and deepen the global community
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Startups?
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Startup must have at least a minimum viable product (past conceptual stage)
- Have less than $5 million in funding / revenue
- Founder or C-level executive must be the person presenting
- Must be focused on improving the quality of life for older adults
- In some cases, can be a larger / more established company if they are pitching a new product / innovation
- The top startups that are selected to pitch at the Aging2.0 OPTIMIZE conference will be required to present in English
- Past Participants
- The spirit of this initiative is to search for new startups around the world. As such, we expect hosts to invite NEW startups to participate. If there are companies that pitched during the 2016 Global Startup Search or 2015 #30in30in30 initiative, they are still eligible but must show significant growthor have changed their strategy / pivoted since their last pitch (this is particularly true for the winners of local events in 2016). Also, please note that priority will be given to startups who have not participated in this program.
- Hosts that are also startup founders
- If you are a host that also works for an eligible startup, you may still be considered for participation. As the host, you may not present the pitch yourself - rather you will need to appoint someone else from the startup team to present. Judges scores will show no bias based on host involvement.
How are the Winning Startups judged?
- Idea / Product - quality of overall concept, viability of product or service
- Team / Business Model - diversity and strength of team, sales record, funding, pipeline, strategic plan
- Impact on the Aging Experience - potential to improve quality of life for older adults, caregivers, and/or revolutionize the aging services industry.
The 2017 Aging2.0 Global Startup Search is supported by:
2016 GLOBAL STARTUP SEARCH WINNER
AND CONGRAUTLATIONS TO THE AUDIENCE CHOICE WINNER!